Location: Lake Forest - CA
Experience in yrs.: 12
Client ID: Aveva
Skill: Testing IDE’s/Platforms and API’s
This contractor must work onsite in Lake Forest, CA from day 1 of the assignment, no exceptions.
We are looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (Lead SDET), fluent in both automated and manual testing of Windows Desktop Applications, APIs and Web Applications.
If you are a Sr. or Lead SDET who has good handle and experience in C#, developing automated testing frameworks for testing front end Windows UI with custom controls, have authored frameworks/ Test Harness for functional and performance testing of .NET APIs, please read on.
Our Lead SDET is fluent in Whitebox testing and keen to understand how the product works from a code stack perspective and able to write unit and functional tests with a thorough understanding of the code flow.
SDET is a motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new products and technologies who would be working on AVEVA’s world class suite of Products.
SDET does not mind getting hands dirty and is able to debug product code with fellow developers to troubleshoot and isolate defects in product.
The SDET will work primarily on AVEVA’s Monitoring and Control Line of Products namely System Platform and InTouch OMI
Author and Execute Manual and Automated Test Cases, design Test Scripts and test frameworks based on C# and Microsoft UIA Framework.
Define Test Strategy, Test Design and Test Plans for AVEVA Products
Work with offshore development center resources if needed. Mentor and guide junior QA engineers in the team.
Provide expertise and leadership in the review and validation of all software development deliverables ranging from test plans, test designs, test automation designs, test cases and test automation suite.
Work with cross-functional product development teams (product development, product management, program management, and Delivery team) and AVEVA’s OEM customers to understand requirements & system architecture for the system under test.
Be a thought leader and a Quality Advocate champion within the R&D organization. Push the envelope on innovation by bringing forward new test ideas and processes for improving the efficiency of our execution and validation processes.
Qualifications / Required Skills and Experience:
A BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• 10+ years of overall experience in a combination of software development and software test development with a focus on testing IDE/platform products, as well as strong exposure to testing APIs.
• 5+ years of experience leading Functional/ System testing for large Enterprise Products within a Product Development Organization.
• Fluent in the C#, Microsoft Automation Frameworks such as UIA, CodedUI with Visual Studio as the primary development tool.
• 3+ years of experience building test tools / test harnesses preferred.
• Experience with an agile software development model such as SAFe.
• Strong technical/engineering background with the ability to analyze and solve difficult business problems in a complex domain.
• Strong logical, programming and analytical skills.
• 3+ years of debugging and troubleshooting skills especially for .NET Applications.
• Experience working with Azure DevOps using Git or TFVC.
• Experience working with distributed / remote development and test resources to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of software releases is desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate the problem and solution space to different kinds of audiences.
• Highly motivated self-starter with an innovative thinking bias
• Prior experience with AVEVA System Platform / InTouch is desirable.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that, where allowed by local law, Cognizant requires associates of all Cognizant entities, subsidiaries, and joint ventures, including non-integrated business, as well as contractors, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if or when their role requires them to conduct business face-to-face. This includes any role that necessitates presence at a Cognizant or client site, in-person event or meeting, or business travel. In accordance with local law, vaccination will also be required when mandated by a client or the country government, regardless of work location. New hires will be asked to attest to their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination as applicable after joining.