Senior Business Subject Matter Expert
Senior Business Subject Matter Expert 2 (SME2) - Data Director
This request is issued from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of Administration’s Office of Information Technology (OA/OIT). The position will have a reporting relationship to the Health and Human Service Delivery Center (HHSDC) within the OA/OIT, the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH).
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all Pennsylvanians and data is a critical part to DOH’s response to the pandemic. The DOH has established a contracted position to lead and promote an integrated and readily accessible data ecosystem for the Department serving as the Director for Public Health Data Modernization. This position will report to the Deputy Secretary for Health Resources and Services who is also fills the role as the Department’s Chief Business Analytics Officer and have a strong partnership with the IT DOH/DDAP Solutions Management Director.
The PA Department of Health is not responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the contractor for parking.
The contractor will be permitted to work from home, but office space for the contractor will be provided as needed. In addition, DOH will supply all necessary hardware and software for daily use that are needed to complete assigned work items.
OBJECTIVES OF ENGAGEMENT
The primary objective of this engagement is for the selected candidate to serve as the Director for Public Health Data Modernization. This role reports to the Deputy Secretary for Health Resources and Services at the Pennsylvania Department of Health with a strong partnership with IT and serves as the lead on promoting an integrated and readily accessible data ecosystem.
• Create and implement strategies for achieving cutting-edge, advanced data analytics and visualization capabilities.
• Manage the data governance process, including implementation of strategies for effective standards, practices, and procedures throughout the agency.
• Ensure interoperability and/or data linking of multiple health data systems is sufficient for conducting performance measurement, program evaluation or population surveillance.
• Serve as liaison to other agencies to facilitate interagency data linkages.
• Serve as a primary point of contact for federal grants related to data modernization, develop and manage budgets and work plans as required.
• Review the impact of the agency’s IT infrastructure on data accessibility and coordinate with IT management to reduce barriers that inhibit data accessibility
• Work closely with the Project Management Office to ensure the department's data strategy and integration goals are achieved utilizing lean and agile practices
The selected contractor must demonstrate effective for leadership for data modernization, data governance, data interoperability & integration and data security.
The contractor will be required to:
• Work with program areas to identify relevant data gaps for evaluation and evidence needs.
• Examine data needs within and across programs and identify areas for integration and means of improving efficiency.
• Identify proper points of contact, roles, and responsibilities related to implementation of agency-wide open data policies.
• Discuss and obtain agreements from programs on business rules for data collection and exchange.
• Help eliminate data territorialism across the agency’s program offices.
• Achieve alignment between epidemiologists, statisticians, and program areas on the agency’s data strategy.
• Identify and streamline appropriate access to the agency’s data assets.
• Develop and update data inventories with appropriate descriptive information about the datasets.
• Coordinate access to agency data, including defining tiered access or other restrictions that may be needed to protect against the risk of re-identification within the agency or from external users.
• Identify data partners and develop policies and procedures around public health data sharing and interoperability.
• Provide input to IT management on agency-wide data accessibility standards and requirements to be applied to all IT systems and procurements.
• Provide input to the IT management to identify, procure, and sustain appropriate systems and analytical tools for the agency.
CONTRACTOR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
This position requires a high degree of skill, leadership, ability to take initiative, and dedication. In addition to the 15 years related experience, this position requires a Bachelor’s in Health Informatics, Public Health, Science, Epidemiology, Public Policy, Health Policy, Health Services Research, Health Information Sciences, Computer Science, or a closely related field and 7+ years of experience with enterprise data management
Experience setting up an enterprise wide data governance structure, knowledge of data lakes and data maturity models preferred. Familiarity and experience with programs relative to health and human services is considered helpful.
pvr AT THE RATE OF Comtech-global DOT com