Role Service Desk
Location: Columbus, OH
Is your candidate local to Columbus, OH? If not, can they relocate by day 1 of the assignment and will onsite when the agency requested?
This position works on site Monday-Friday. Can your candidate comply?
Where does your candidate live?
This position requires being on-site Monday – Friday, 8-5, hours are flexible.
Although this is a temporary contract from 4/17/2023 – 6/30/2023 to assist in a central office move from 4545 Fisher Road to 30 West Spring Street, the right candidate could remain on a long-term contract from 7/1/2023 – 6/30/2024
Years of Relevant Experience: More than 3 years
A+ certification preferred
Preferred Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study; may accept equivalent education and experience combined.
• Assist disassembling approximately 100 user IT workstations (workstations, monitors, VOIP phones) and ITS equipment (build room, storeroom)
• Assist assembling user equipment when it arrives at new location.
• Directly support approximately 100 users consisting of the agency’s director, assistant directors, executive and administrative staff at the Central Office location.
• Receive telephone calls and e-mails from users in multiple locations throughout the state having software or hardware problems to ascertain the nature of problem, determine whether problem is caused by hardware such as a printer, cables, telephone, or network connectivity, and log in the Service Now incident management system.
• Assist users through problem solving steps or escalate problems in accordance with defined procedures.
• Troubleshoot software and hardware issues and use various resources to research problems and their solutions.
• Receive and asset-tag new hardware/equipment, image new/existing laptops and workstations, and apply upgrades and security updates.
• Assist in coordination of changes, upgrades, and new products, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments.
• Write or revise training manuals and procedures.
• Train users on software and hardware on-site or virtually.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Possess strong written and spoken communication skills.