Role: Technical Trainer
Location: Columbus, OH
Please share resumes to
pgo AT THE RATE OF Comtech-global DOT COM
Description Question 1
Where is the candidate currently located?
Candidates must work onsite 2 days/week. Does the candidate agree to this?
If the candidate needs to relocate, please add some notes (here or in the candidate summary) to reassure us of their ability/willingness to relocate. For example: "has family in Youngstown" or "relocates regularly for new assignments"
NEW AGENCY - Youngstown State University
Will be required to work onsite 2 days/week. Local candidates preferred.
Potential to convert to perm - position will be posted for permanent hire. The contractor is welcome to apply.
DEPARTMENT: IT Training Services - ITS
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Prepares employees to accomplish job results by planning, delivering, and evaluating technology training. Maintains current knowledge of widely used academic and business software used for university operations. Provides support to campus through training, consulting, and digital accessibility remediation support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains current knowledge of various University systems in preparation to teach and/or facilitate training programs.
• Prepares professional quality job aids, computer training manuals, videos, and online knowledge base articles by identifying and describing information needs; uses desktop publishing and video production and editing software; submits initial versions for review; revises and edits final copy.
• Develops training media specific to making content on the public facing web accessible prior to uploading. Fields inquiries regarding accessibility of document needed for the public facing web or learning management system. Converts documents and content to accessible formats, including forms and fillable PDFs. Consults and assists with converting documents and media to conform to EIT standards.
• Tracks inquiries and workflows, including a time to completion for all projects. Prioritizes workload to ensure the most critical document conversion needs are met first.
• Conducts training by presenting workshops for University employees and students on adopted software applications, devices, and systems.
• Consults with customers to respond to question and service requests regarding business practices, adopted software applications, electronic accessibility requirements, devices, and personal computing.
• Maintains appropriate metrics for evaluation of and reporting on training activity. Collaborates with IT units to assist them in documenting systems or services which impact the campus community.
• Periodically responds to Service Desk calls to understand customer requests and to back up technicians. Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews publications; meets with vendors and product owners or attends functional unit process or systems development meetings.
• Maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), course and/or program inventories and other data regarding training activities.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Maintains confidentiality.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, communications, educational technology, or another related discipline, plus a minimum of one year of training experience with adult learners. Experience in establishing learning environments that utilize and address numerous learning styles and adult learning techniques. A strong working knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Previous demonstrated experience developing and teaching technology related programs.
Three or more years of technology trainer experience with adult learners; one or more years of experience teaching or working extensively with enterprise management software and learning management systems such as Ellucian Banner and/or Blackboard.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs other related duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Director, IT Training Services