Tester (Junior role)
Role: Tester (Locals Preferred)
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Please share resumes to
pgo AT THE RATE OF Comtech-global DOT COM
The Tester is a member of a team which plans, constructs, and executes product tests, system tests, unit tests, load tests, volume tests, network tests as well as works with others for release control processes. The more experienced Tester manages, plans, constructs, and executes tests and integrates with release control process.
• Reviews and understands the Test Teamwork plan.
• Assists in managing and directing Test Team processes.
• Anticipates, identifies, tracks, and resolves issues and risks affecting own work and work of the Test and/or Application Teams.
• Develops contingency plans as necessary.
• Research problems before approaching the Team Lead or Test Team Lead for assistance.
• Assists or guides Testers as needed.
• Develops understanding of system business requirements supported by the Test team
• Assists Application Teams to plan and execute component and assembly tests.
• Participates in assembly or product test execution as required.
• Defines product test plans and criteria for acceptance.
• Develops, updates, and maintains testing standards and procedures.
• Resolves testing process questions / issues.
• Assists in the planning, creation, and control of the test environments.
• Conducts inspections; resolve issues.
• Coordinates and executes assembly or product tests with the Test Team, Application Team and the Program Manager.
• Assists Team Lead or Test Team Lead in monitoring estimated-time-to-complete
• (ETC) and actuals for assigned tasks.
• Works with Test Team members to enhance their testing skills and build technical and Updates and tests release installation procedures.
• Generally aware of new developments in industry and processes and ability to apply to work as appropriate.
• Determines time estimates and schedule for work efforts.
• Defines and utilizes entry / exit criteria for testing.
• Schedules the design of structured walk-throughs or inspections; resolve issues.
• Works with users to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
• Anticipates and resolves issues specific to the team.
• Determines time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Identifies and tracks issues, risks, and action items.
• Creates test models for product test and release control (plans, data, and scripts).
• Conducts structured walk-throughs
• Executes assembly or product tests.
• Meets time estimates for assigned tasks.
• Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
• Follows quality standards.
• Able to work in a team environment
• Completes assigned tasks.
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and spoken