• Candidate will work on engineering, designing, and supporting API development and integrations for an IBM Data Power based gateway product.
• Candidate will partner with app dev teams to build API capability, covering aspects such as security and policy management.
• Candidate will have to understand systems and application code to troubleshoot and provide guidance to app dev teams.
• Consults with internal platform and middleware groups to provide application software development services or technical support.
• Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs.
• Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using standard development methodology.
• Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
• Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
• Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services.
• Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies.
• Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.
• Design and develop automated stress testing harnesses, recommend, and implement solutions, conduct and participate in code review sessions, and provide process improvements
• 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
• 5+ years of XML and related technologies like xsl, xpath and xQuery
• Understanding of XML and JSON Schema
• Datapower skills, including the ability to understand infrastructure requirements/architecture to develop necessary policies, scripts
• Experience in designing multiple services based on different standards of REST, web services and data integration techniques, messaging and transformation engines
• Lead experience to create design documentation, and participate in code reviews with application teams.
• Strong troubleshooting experience to research production issues including cryptography (digital certificates), networking, IBM MQs, Databases.
• Develop and troubleshoot message translation issues integrating with backends (JSON to SOAP/SOAP to JSON)
• 5+ years of experience with IBM Data Power, developing pass-through and transformative API extensions