Project Manager/Scrum Master
Role: Project Manager/Scrum Master
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Please share resumes to
pgo AT THE RATE OF Comtechglobal DOT COM
State Client will do Criminal Background Verifications Do You Agree?
Candidate or their vendor is required to report onsite at the start and the end of the contract to inventory and confirm the condition of Commonwealth issued equipment. Conservation & Environmental Delivery Center will not send or accept equipment through the mail.
All positions will have a 37.5-hour work week. Overtime is not permitted without prior permission from the Delivery Center Chief Information Officer, Tom Diecidue
Where is your candidate located?
The Conservation and Environment Delivery Center is looking for an experienced and motivated Project Manager/Scrum Master. The selected candidate will serve as Scrum Master for application development teams supporting the Department of Agriculture.
As our Delivery Center is a hybrid project management environment, ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional Project Manager and serving as a Scrum Master on a scrum team. Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks are a plus. This position reports to the Portfolio Director for the Delivery Center.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Developing and maintaining project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
• Developing detailed project/sprint plans using project scheduling tools.
• Leading all project/sprint plan development activities, including identification of epics, features, stories, phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules, and assignment of resources.
• Motivating project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks in line with the Delivery Center’s hybrid agile framework.
• Preparing formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
• Monitoring project quality, schedule and budget and facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
• Facilitating risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
• Facilitating deliverable and project artifact approval processes for IT projects by tracking all deliverables and project artifacts that require approvals, communicating the need for approvals to the appropriate groups and individuals and tracking approval decisions and following up where need be to ensure approvals are achieved within established timeframes.
• Coordinate with Product Owners and communicate when their decisions impact the quality, schedule, or budget of the project.
• Facilitating project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as daily stand ups, retrospectives, sprint planning and sprint reviews.
• Ensuring the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the Commonwealth’s project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health (scope, schedule, budget), and timekeeping data.
• Working closely with Agency Business Relationship Managers, Executive staff, and Delivery Center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
• Using knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (in particular, Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the Delivery Center.
• Serving as Scrum Master for agile development teams, coaching them on the approved framework and holding them accountable for successful delivery.
• Influencing and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
• Providing and delivering project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management within the Delivery Center and our customer Agencies.
• Ensuring compliance with SDLC policies and procedures.
• Directing, coordinating, and tracking the activities of Delivery Center staff associated with the project.
1. Required: 6+ years full-time experience as a Project Manager for large and complex information technology projects.
2. Required: 2+ years full-time experience serving as a Scrum Master on a scrum team.
3. Required: Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including Executive staff.
4. Required: Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks.
5. Desired: PMP or scrum master certification.
6. Desired: 2+ years of experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies.
Desired: 2+ years of experience in utilizing Azure DevOps for project related activities