Program Manager - Columbus, OH
will require on site presence sometime in 2021. When direction has been given for our agency to return to the State of Office Tower, this position will be on site.
Proposal – Clinical System Modernization (EHR) Project Manager
Role – Manage the Nursing workstream within the Clinical System Modernization (EHR) Program for the implementation of an Electronic Health Record for the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services
Duration - 24+ months
About the Role
The Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services is seeking an experienced Clinical Project Manager to lead large scale/transformational IT and Clinical program. This seasoned professional will lead the delivery of multi-hospital enterprise-wide IT solutions. In this role you will work closely with the 6 Regional Hospitals, Outpatient facilities (CSN),Information Services, Central Office, Ohio Pharmacy Services, The Ohio Department of Administrative Services areas along with integration points with the Clinical vendor integrator for rollout of a new EHR. This role will be responsible for managing internal groups from initiation through execution and delivery. They must have a deep business operations background, clinical operations experience, and significant experience with both IT and clinical EHR implementations.
Scope of role
Program Delivery Size Scope: [Large] 20 - 30 project resources for a capitol budget of $21.5M.
Estimated completion: Within 24 months +
1. Participated in the successful implementation of large-scale transformative IT/ Clinical program. To include and MHAS enterprise wide Inpatient EHR and Outpatient sites (CSN)
2. Implement industry leading practices in program scope and schedule
3. Effectively remove blockers and mitigate project risks maximizing team productivity and ensuring delivery
4. Manage multiple workstreams with varying complexity and deadlines
5. Demonstrate a wide range of experience and deep knowledge of domain expertise by role modelling and managing multiple workstreams and resources
6. Work with Program Manager to consolidate a single workplan view that incorporates vendor technology with MHAS specific IT and business deliverables required of a production-ready environment.
7. Leverage’s experience and perspectives to facilitate ideas and new paradigms to improve work group processes
Program Leadership / Influence: Recognized within IT as both a project management expert and thought leader/ trusted advisor to business partners who are key stakeholders and is effective in influencing priority and direction. Able to manage multiple workstreams critical to an overall quality clinical transformation program.
a). Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Computer Science/MIS related technical degree or equivalent work experience with minimum of 3 years of work experience
b). 3-5 years of project management or related experience with at least 2 years focused on EHR implementations
c). Demonstrates a wide range of experience and deep knowledge of clinical implementation and integration and lifecycle management expertise.
d). Ability to design and execute agile sprint methodology project plan for system wide optimization.
e). Must be able to manage day to day activities with clinical stakeholders, and technology resources.
f). Must be able to lead teams through several complex EHR build migrations and several rounds and types of testing.
g). Communicates a clear vivid and relevant description or picture of project benefits/value to the customer
h). Extensive knowledge of Nursing Operations in both in and outpatient care settings
l). Demonstrates mastery in all aspects of Program/ Project Management plan-driven methodology including
Issue Risk Management
Strong business acumen and familiarity with broad range of business processes beyond those impacted by the project recognizing critical internal and external factors that impact organizational change and culture.
Active Project Management Professional PMP certification
Experience with technology Integrations within a healthcare environment
Mental Health system implementation a plus